This pressure sprayer is a high quality, disinfection sprayer, effective for the safe use of liquid bleach diluted at 2% – 5% maximum. Bleach is a strong and effective disinfectant – its active ingredient, sodium hypochlorite, is effective in killing viruses. Diluted household bleach is widely available at a low cost and is recommended for disinfecting surfaces.
How is this sprayer different?
EPDM Seals – Standard Nitrile Seals are not resistant to bleach. EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monomer) seals are resistant to bleach and have been used to ensure this sprayer will continue to spray safely. These seals are assembled throughout the product including within the nozzle, trigger and pressure relief valve. Whereas, normal sprayers are not designed to be used with bleach and there is a risk of failure which could compromise the user’s safety.
How to use?
- Please assemble the product and wear protective equipment as detailed in the product instructions
- Always follow the chemical suppliers instructions, as well as the instructions supplied with this sprayer.
- This Sprayer is intended for use with liquid bleach diluted at 2% to 5% maximum with water (100ml to 250ml maximum for 5L of water)
- The total usable capacity of this sprayer is 5L, do not exceed this amount.
- Only use bleach diluted with water in this product. Do not use with any other chemicals.
- Do not use for gardening afterwards.
- Make sure all nuts are screwed hand tight before use.
- Discard safely any unused solution after use.
- Always use eye protection when replacing valves, seals or springs.
- Before carrying out any maintenance on this sprayer it is essential to depressurise the bottle, by lifting the pressure release knob.
- These sprayers are for efficient disinfection operations, do not use for gardening after use.
- The wearing of personal protective equipment (such as coveralls, glasses, gloves, masks, etc.) is compulsory when handling the sprayer and bleach.
- Use in a well-ventilated area.
- Bleach should always be used alone. It is incompatible with strong acids, cationic detergents and formaldehyde in concentrated solution.
- It must not be used on oxidizable devices or materials (aluminum, copper, etc.) or fabrics.
- Its activity is partially inhibited by proteins and hard water.
- Bleach degrades quickly, it should therefore be stored away from light, heat and check its expiration date. Bleach solutions should not be stored for more than 24 hours.